Today I watched Michael Jordan to the Max, you know, that IMAX movie about him. It`s amazing to me how a person can become so great. He`s a great role model. He`s the perfect example of what hard work and determination can give you, and others around you.
Since I am giving credit to someone who deserves it, I just want to say that I know some people who will *never* ever give credit when it`s due. I guess there have been times when those people influenced me, and I wouldn`t give certain people the credit they deserved, for a stupid reason like “I don`t like them”. Well, I think people have to remember that nobody`s perfect, that we all make mistakes, and you shouldn`t judge people based on their sole mistake, because afterall, one day the person who is shunned for a mistake may be you.
On to other things, sometimes a person can really, really like or love you, and you still won`t feel anything for them. People will ask you, “Aren`t you touched?” or “Why don`t you give her a chance?” I`ve questioned what I`ve done many times, but now I know that sometimes you can`t force yourself to love someone back. Being touched by someone and loving someone are different things… or are they? Everything has two sides, maybe we just have to look at the brighter side.
I know why I`m so sentimental tonight. It`s that stupid Hong Kong soap opera I watched. You know, the ones with the big-time drama and the intricate love stories where the two lovey-dovey people always just barely miss each other on the street and don`t realize how much they love each other until the end. Blah. =P hehe It`s a good way to pass the time, but look at me, now I`m all worked up.
hahhaa wow I didn`t know that this thing automatically bleeps out bad words… it`s kinda cool! wooohooooo!!!! fuck shit fuck fuck fuck!!!
Holy shit, “What Lies Beneath” is a hellllla scary-ass movie!!!!!!!! It`s scary from beginning to end. I`m still shaking!!!!!
Okay, now that I`ve stopped shaking, just want to clarify something, since some people have asked me… yes I wrote that poem up there, and it`s called “Crush.” And no, I didn`t write that stuff about life… but a lot of it makes sense. I wish I knew who wrote it, but unfortunately I don`t, so whoever you are, I give you props.
I really think that parents shouldn’t be too strict towards their children. It’s actually counterproductive. Censorship often fails to achieve its intended purpose; rather, it exacerbates the problem. For example, not *ever* letting your kids go out past a certain time is only going to make them want to do it more. If you don`t want your kids making the wrong choices, then *teach* them to make the right choice. That way, you can let them out, and if you`ve done it right, your kids will decide for themselves what`s wrong and what`s right. Hahaha why do I sound like a parent tonite? Guess somebody I know inspired me. 😉
My dream and goal right now is to find a decent job and then buy a car. What kind of car should I get? I`ve been thinking about Integra, Prelude, Accord, and Solara. My family already owns a sedan (Camry) so I don`t know if it would be a good idea to get another (Accord) or to get another car that`s very similar (Solara). Any suggestions? Just leave a note. Thanks! =)
Today I was just thinking what it`d be like to have none of the things that I have: family, friends, and material things. I realized that if you don`t stop to think about how lucky you are, you`ll just take everything for granted. So, for all you other lucky people out there, be grateful for what you already have. =)
It’s funny how certain things in life stay with you forever. Although your exact recollection of it may fade, coz memories fade, pictures and journals remind you of exactly what happened. I know there are some things I’ve done before that aren’t perfect, but looking back I realize that if a similar situation ever comes again, I learned from my mistake and will hopefully do it right this time around.
Added the “Neat Thoughts” section. I usually get these from e-mail forwards, and they make for some interesting reading.
How do you see a glass of water filled only to its midpoint? Half-full or half-empty? Are you an optimistic or a pessimistic person? Your attitudes about just anything will certainly determine if you go about life happy or just ungrateful.
I am thankful for…
…the mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends,
…the taxes I pay because it means that I have income,
…the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat,
…my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine,
…the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking,
…all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech,
…that lady behind me at work who complains constantly because it means that I can hear,
…the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby,
…the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home,
…my huge heating bill because it means that I am warm,
…weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means that I have been productive,
…and the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive.
Take a few minutes and read these and think about them without going on to the next one; they do make you feel good…
• Falling in love
• Laughing so hard your face hurts
• A hot shower
• No lines at the mall
• A perfect parking space
• A special glance
• Getting mail
• Getting your first real e-mail
• Taking a drive on a pretty road
• Hearing your favorite song on the radio
• Lying in bed listening to the rain outside
• Hot towels out of the dryer
• Finding out that the sweater you want is on sale for half price
• Chocolate milkshakes (or vanilla!)
• A long distance phone call
• A bubble bath
• A good conversation
• The beach
• Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter
• Laughing at yourself
• Midnight phone calls that last for hours
• Running through sprinklers
• Laughing for absolutely no reason at all
• Running into an old friend and realizing that some things(good or bad) never change
• Realizing that true love begins as good friends
• Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time
• Riding the best roller coasters over and over
• Hugging the person you love
• Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful
• Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you
• Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep
• Playing with a new puppy
• Late night talks with your roommate that keep you from sleeping
• Having someone play with your hair
• Sweet dreams
• Hot chocolate
• Swinging on swings
• Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love
• Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while listening to Christmas tunes and eating cookies and drinking eggnog
• Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without feeling stupid
• Going to a really good concert
• Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person
• Winning a really competitive game
• Making chocolate chip cookies
• Having someone bake homemade cookies for you
• Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends
• Holding hands with someone you care about
• Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a much-desired present from you!
• Watching the sunrise
I finally finished the “Wanna Play” logo. What do you think? =)
I think I’m just gonna add my random thoughts to this webpage. In life there aren’t a lot of ways in which we can voice our opinions for everybody to hear. The internet is a great way for people to let other people know what they think and feel. I decided to add this because I was thinking how people don’t truly appreciate something until they lose it. We always have something in the palm of our hands, but we take advantage of it instead of treasure it, and finally, it’s gone and we regret. Why not just cherish it and try to keep it there in the first place? I’m sure you all have something like this happen to you. Well, that’s my random thought for today.