How to make Adobe Acrobat 6 load faster:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat
- Create a folder called plug_ins_disabled
- Enter the plug_ins folder and select all files and folders except Paper Capture, Preflight, EWH32.api, Search5.api, and Search.api
- Cut selected files and paste them into the plug_ins_disabled folder you just created
- Load Acrobat 6 and enjoy the loading time decrease
Note that some of the files I left in the plug_ins folder can be removed to the disabled folder, but since I require scanner function, I left some of them in. To get a clue as to what each plug-in does before you disable them, click on Help, then About Adobe Plug-Ins while inside Adobe Acrobat.